The Manager Strategic Planning partners with U.S. Tower leadership to advise decision-making through financial analysis. The position s focus is analyzing and identifying business gaps, opportunities, market demand, and near- and mid-term strategies to generate insights and strategies with leaders across the Company s U.S. Tower division. This is a high-impact role with substantial executive-level exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value. The ideal candidate must enjoy solving complex problems, be a self-starter who enjoys building complex financial models, be able to explain commercial terms to business leaders, appreciate the impact of a deal on the financial statements, and thrive in a fast-paced setting.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Perform customized company valuation analyses, develop new and complex financial models, and be actively involved in business development initiatives.
- Collaborate with and provide to senior leader findings that they can review to formulate recommendations.
- Build productive and collaborative relationships and proactively provide and seek guidance, clarification, and feedback in order to astutely advise on financial decisions.
- Research and apply critical thinking to industry trends, competitor dynamics, and current trends to provide relevant insights.
- Synthesize findings and summarize a broad range of data into frameworks that enable clear communication of data and insights.
- Participate in scenario planning workshops and offsite strategy planning sessions.
- Develop models and business cases to support strategic corporate development initiatives, including acquisitions, divestitures, master lease agreements, partnerships, and product launches.
- Communicate outcomes of analyses and research to internal stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end understanding of financials, strategy, process, and planning.
- Understand the financial reporting nuances of new revenue lines, working in accordance with Accounting and Tax teams.
- Act as liaison between business units and the Accounting department to ensure proper treatment of all profit, loss, and capital impacts for actuals.
- Prepare financial models, business narratives, and PowerPoint presentations for senior executives.
- Analyze and contribute to the drafting of responses to requests for proposal and benchmark those responses to other competitive offers.
- Provide competitive costing recommendations that enable the Company to meet its financial objectives while positioning it for long-term success.
- Attend external customer meetings to present and defend pricing and financial strategies.
- Participate actively in meetings and customer leasing agreement negotiations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven high level leadership, strategic and creative thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated, intelligent self-starter.
- Able to determine priorities and plan, organize, and follow-through on assignments.
- Flexible and willing to both take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and assist with various ad hoc projects.
- Strong track record of adding value to critical business decisions using sophisticated financial modeling and analysis.
- Familiarity with corporate accounting and governance and managing capital investment approvals.
- Strong technical skills, including Microsoft Office suite, with exceptional knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable timelines and follow up on internal and external customer needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Bachelor s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years corporate development, investment banking, equity research, asset management, private equity, or venture investing experience required.
- Experience identifying, developing, analyzing, and successfully executing merger and acquisition transactions required.
- Telecommunications, real estate, and/or broadcast media experience preferred.