Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
* Responsive, consistent, and reliable support to customer base that provides International disaster response.
* Work to identify, triage, and resolve or escalate IT problems in a Windows 2012R2 Active Directory environment.
* Provide support for customer workstations including hardware and software malfunction, as well as user training.
* Log all support requests from phone calls, emails, and walkups into Service Pro ticketing system, and maintain service level agreement of 30 minute response time for support requests.
* Install and configure print devices on network.
* User account creation and modification across two discreet networks in a smart card/PIV environment.
* Support customer base in business tools including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Exchange with Outlook client, SharePoint, among others.
* Provide Tier 1 - 2 support for customer support requests and escalate to network team when appropriate.
* Accept various projects, develop work plans, and ensure timely completion as directed by the Helpdesk and/or IT manager.
* Work effectively with cross-functional teams to define technical requirements, identify, and resolve issues.
* Detect, identify, and respond to information security issues with regards to servers, workstations, and mobile devices.
* U.S. Citizen with an active U.S. Government issued Secret security clearance with the ability to maintain this clearance
* 5 years of demonstrated experience as a senior helpdesk/support role in a networked environment is required.
* Demonstrate understanding of Microsoft Server and Workstation operating systems in a domain based environment.
* Demonstrate understanding of Active Directory account and group management.
* Demonstrate understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and LAN/WAN connectivity.
* Strong understanding of messaging in an Outlook/ Exchange environment, as well as mobile device provisioning using Apple iPhone.
* Experience and understanding the Win PE imaging process.
* Attention to details is critical
* Work site is in Washington DC at both the Ronald Reagan building and 555 12th street NW.
* Able to work 10:00am - 6:30pm Monday thru Friday
* Work on-call duty officer shift for one week every 3-4 months (with time off compensation).
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associated topics: assist, deskside, front desk, information technology, network, technical, technical support specialist, technician, technician iv, technology