Do you want to work with a team of highly engaged healthcare providers where you can make a direct impact on patient care for our community? If so, Front Office Specialist position is for you!
Kettering Physician Network employs more than 400 providers, including physicians and advanced practice providers, throughout the Greater-Dayton and Cincinnati areas. Offering an extensive range of specialties and expertise, our physicians provide comprehensive care at more than 120 locations.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Under supervision of the Practice Manager, is typically the first point of contact (phone and in-person) for the office. Notifies office staff when patient is ready to be seen. Provides a wide variety of administrative support duties to include: updating files, creating reports, memos and forms, billing/bookkeeping, maintaining inventory and office supplies.
The Front Office Specialist is responsible for:
* Greets patients and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner.
* Answers telephone calls, screens calls, arranges appointments, and referrals.
* Obtains information, answers questions, and notifies physician or assistant of patient's arrival.
* Prepares new records, organizes files, and maintains records.
* Types correspondence, reports, e-memos, forms.
* Sorts and distributes mail.
* Any other duties relating to the business operation of the medical practice that may be assigned by the physician(s) or practice office manager.
* Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Previous front office experience or background in general office work.
* Ability to comprehend established office routines and policies.
* Learns quickly from oral and written instructions.
* Ability to operate a computer.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Knowledge of CPT & ICD-9 coding.
* Understand the ethics of confidentially.
* Good organization skills
* Tact and diplomacy
* Electronic medical records experience preferred.
* Epic training/knowledge preferred.
Associated topics: care, family medicine, family medicine physician, nocturnist, physician, practice, practice physician, primary, primary care, provider