The Records Management Analyst will manage records and information policies and practices based on federal and agency mandates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Analyze current trends and issues in the records and information technology industry.
* Collaborate strategies and participate in agency planning, goal setting, and development of policies.
Manage records creation, maintenance, use, and ensure disposition are in accordance
with federal guidelines.
* Provide advisory service to faculty and staff regarding records and information management policies, standards, and procedures.
* Manage office compliance by conducting monthly and yearly records reviews.
* Provide client targeted office assistance on an as needed basis.
* Coordinate the transfer and retrieval of records from Federal Records Centers.
* Respond to Requests for Information (RFIs).
* Support Electronic File Station initiatives.
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
* Bachelor's degree and 3 years of experience OR High School Diploma/GED and 6 years of experience.
* Experience to include
* Laws, regulations, and guidance that govern records in the federal government.
* Full life cycle records management, file plan creation and management, applying records disposition schedules, and e-mail management.
* Up to 5% travel required.
* Active Public Trust required; Secret clearance preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Physical Demands:(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
* The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
* During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.