As a Paralegal II working in the Olympus Legal Department, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work and contribute to our mission. In a typical day, you will:
* Provide support to attorneys regarding transactional matters, including contract review and revisions, assisting attorneys in contract negotiations, and working with contract administration groups to facilitate contract completion.
* Provide transactional support to attorneys regarding varied practice areas in support of the medical, industrial, scientific, consumer, and support organizations inclusive of contractual matters which may include, but not be limited to, supplier agreements, research and development agreements, service agreements, sales contracts, product marketing agreements, consulting arrangements, government contracts, training and education, and some international matters.
* Accompany attorneys to meetings and conference calls with business group clients, as well as customers, outside counsel and opposing counsel.
* Capture meeting minutes and records action items.
* Follow up on action items with attorneys to ensure they are addressed and resolved.
* Perform basic legal research and prepares memoranda regarding diverse areas of law.
* Prepare, facilitate and administer letters, emails and other related documents, ensuring accurate grammar, spelling, content and business formats, to internal and external parties throughout the Americas. Maintains correspondence and project files.
* Assist in development and implementation of programs and processes designed to ensure continued compliance with applicable international, federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
* Coordinate various activities, policies and programs of the Legal Department to maintain effective legal process control. Maintains the confidentiality of highly sensitive company information.
* Manage special projects and performing other duties as assigned by attorneys.
* Perform all other related duties as assigned.
* Associate's Degree is required; Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
* Paralegal certificate or equivalent knowledge is required.
* Minimum of 3 years paralegal or equivalent experience required.
* Prior experience in a corporate legal department of a pharmaceutical, medical device, and/or life science company is a plus.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
* Tact and diplomacy.
* Ability to shift priorities quickly and adjust work schedule based on workload and demands.
* Flexibility, adaptability and patience.
**We realize work isn't just a job to you.**
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We're currently looking for a Paralegal II to join us in our Southborough, MA office.
**Let's inspire healthier lives, together.**
The Paralegal II is responsible for initiating and producing work at a high level of competence in one or more areas of law in support of attorneys in the Legal Department and/or business clients. These services include a wide variety of project management, para-professional and support services for the Legal Department. Working knowledge and a basic understanding of diverse legal practice areas, processes, laws, rules and regulations are required. The specific duties of the Paralegal II may vary based on Legal Department needs and may include, but are not limited to, corporate governance and transactional support. The incumbent is also participates in discussions and analysis of legal matters and provides recommendations to business clients under attorney supervision.
At Olympus, we put a lot of good back into the world, and what we do really matters. We are committed to making people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling every day by crafting innovative optical and digital solutions in medical technologies, microscopy, industrial solutions, cameras, and audio recorders.
We view our relationship with and commitment to our employees with the same passion. Everything we do at Olympus is a reflection of our vision, and everyone here helps to make it a reality. We're invested in our employees, great ideas, and how they impact the communities around us. We see the world through multiple lenses and come together to find the right answers; the best solutions.
**TRUE TO YOU. TRUE TO SOCIETY. TRUE TO LIFE.**
Olympus America Inc
Olympus embraces diversity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policies as well as our values prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification. EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Olympus America Inc at
**Auto req ID:**
Olympus is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.