The Clerk, Data Entry utilizes computer system to input driver trip sheets. S/he deciphers, translates and codes complex driver trip sheets, verifying input for accuracy and completeness, and communicates with Payroll and Billing staff, field dispatchers, supervisors and management, regarding issues with the driver trip sheets. This individual is responsible for sorting, collating, copying, and filing driver trip sheets and associated documents, and maintaining logs.
The Clerk must demonstrate effective communication, time management and organizational skills to adhere to data entry deadlines. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a temporary position.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* One or two (1 or 2) years of related experience
* Ability to:
* Make quality decisions by employing innovative, clear and concise problem solving strategies
* Consistently demonstrate honesty, integrity and truthfulness, which promote the team focus and a positive and credible workplace
* Ability to blend with peers, promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion with a focus on building positive customer rapport
* Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly with a minimum 92% accuracy rate
* Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
* Work independently and as a member of a team
* Give clear directions to temporary staff regarding data entry and associated filing
* Strong oral and written communications skills
* Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment, working under pressure completing assigned tasks under stressful situations
* Capability to multi-task, highly organized, with excellent time management skills, utilizing available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
* Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up practices
* Computer skills (HAH, SCOS, Microsoft Office)
* Compile, sort, and verify the accuracy of the driver trip sheets before entered; Locate and correct driver trip sheet errors and communicate with field staff, supervisor and management to facilitate timely resolution of discrepancies to ensure adherence to data entry deadlines
* Compile statistical reports and summaries related to driver trip sheet data entry and submit them to the payroll supervisor
* Manage workflow of the Data Entry team to ensure accuracy and timely completion of the driver trip sheet data entry, with attention to detail and accuracy entering alpha-numeric data
* Maintain logs of activities of completed work
* Encourage and implement continuous performance and process improvement measures within the data entry process
* Sort, organize, classify and file processed driver trip sheets, driver employee files and associated documents
* Perform other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.