ShopRite - Meat Cutter Clerk
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while working in the Meat Department; to maintain a visually appealing department and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner within Company policy. To cut meat and prepare related products in the variety, size, quality and trim prescribed by company and department standards; to communicate and courteously assist customers with the selection of meat items.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Must possess a strong knowledge of safe food handling and demonstrate safe work habits.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 35 lbs., and occasionally lift 80-90 lbs.
* Ability to work in varying temperatures.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
* Ability to operate Meat Department equipment such as band saws, grinders, wrapping machines, power jacks, knives and cutters.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
* Maintain sanitation control according to Company policy.
* Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
* Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
* Work in an environment that includes continuous duties in refrigerated cutting rooms and storage areas (relatively high humidity) with occasional duties in frozen food storage boxes maintained at temperatures as low as 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) below zero.
* Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing, and price marking, arranging, and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
* Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
* Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly; report any failure immediately.
* Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Meat Department that weights 35 lbs. and that occasionally weights 80-90 lbs.
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 35 lbs. and that occasionally weights 80-90 lbs.
* Understand and adhere to all Country of Origin Label (C.O.O.L.) regulations for all products in the Meat Department.
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Meat Department operations.
* Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Checks products received against invoices.
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
* Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
* Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
* Cut and trim meat according to Company specifications.
* Rotates products in meat cases.
* Removes outdated or damaged product from meat cases.
* Fills in meat cases when required.
* Removes trash to designated area.
* Push/pull 4-wheel equipment loaded with product.
* Unload trucks.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations pertaining to the Meat operation.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standard and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform duties in accordance with QA handwashing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Associated topics: baker, beverage, chef, expeditor, food, food preparation, foodservice, poultry, seafood, server